Pattern Description: Vogue 9273 Lined top has princess seams. A: front zipper. I modified this pattern so extensively I'm not sure you can still say it's this pattern.
Pattern Sizing: 14-16-18 - Modified for a 36GG cup!
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Only superficially. I changed the cup dramatically and extended the torso to a long-line princess waist.
Were the instructions easy to follow? Honestly I never looked at them.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? * In order to fit correctly it NEEDS an underwire (I made this pattern once before), and it still didn't fit flat to the ribs in front. * The zipper/buttons in front are pretty far apart which shifted part of my breasts into my armpits!
Fabric Used: Sheer ivory polyester chiffon. Made a previous version with red vinyl - not comfy!
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
- Self drafted bra cups from one of my bras.
- Added boning since I didn't have any extra bra underwires.
- Extended waist to a long-line (like B) that came to a point in front (like C) and in back.
- Extended top edge of sides and back to provide more support for cups.
- Added elastic to top edge.
- Added self binding to bottom edge.
- Used heavy duty zip ties for boning - used a modified version of a french seam to encase them between the fabric and "lining" (both layers are the same sheer fabric).
Conclusion: I really want a pretty corset and this is a fun pattern - I just wish it weren't so hard to modify to get the cups right!
Not modeling this one as it is totally sheer (you can see the bra pads I used to try to make the mannequin look more like my measurements!)!
Actually, I'm not modeling either one, as my cups runneth over in the red vinyl!!
(Obviously the mannequin is not set up for my measurements!