Sunday, September 29, 2013

Butterick B5403 - Pants for Mini Wardrobe Contest




Pattern Description: This jean design features a straight waistband with belt carriers, front hip pockets, mock fly front zipper, classic yoke with back patch pockets and topstitching details. Jeans A have straight legs. Jeans B have wide leg. I made the wide leg version.
  Pattern Sizing:XS to XL
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Unfortunately, yes. I didn't notice on the pattern how high-waisted the pants are. They were also very short. Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I was very unhappy with how high-waisted the pants are. They tend to blouse in the crotch, maybe because I didn't make them in denim.
Fabric Used: This fabric has been in my stash for so long I have no idea. It is a medium-weight synthetic that doesn't wrinkle too badly.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I wanted this to look more like slacks than jeans so I left off the belt loops and back pockets.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?   I won't be making these again. I really disliked how the crotch looks.
Conclusion: I loved the color of these pants and of course they match the jacket I made for the mini wardrobe contest, but I think I'll be giving them to my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Your comment will be posted once approved.