Sunday, September 29, 2013

McCall's 6563 Top for Mini Wardrobe Contest

Pattern Description: Fitted, pullover, bias tops have draped front neckline, shaped hemline and narrow hem. B: contrast band and right side. C: sleeve tabs. A, B and C: cap sleeves.

Pattern Sizing: XS - XXL

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Pretty much.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, although I admit I didn't pay a lot of attention to them.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like the drape, but maybe because I'm full-busted, my top looked a little strained in spots and wrinkled in others.

Fabric Used: Some shiny, light-weight polyester fabric I had in my stash. I didn't have enough to cut both pieces on the bias so I only cut the front on the bias.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Back not cut on the bias. I made a lot of alterations to accommodate my smaller frame and full bust.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will probably sew this again with a silkier fabric that drapes instead of wrinkles.

Conclusion: I like the color of this top, but wish I'd made it in something silkier.
McCall's 6563

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Your comment will be posted once approved.